Head of Ophthalmology Development
The Head of Ophthalmology Development will be responsible for providing clinical and scientific leadership in the assessment of clinical applications, procedure risk, product safety, protocol development, clinical trial planning and execution. The person in this role will also be responsible for contributing to the development of the company’s product portfolio strategy, assuring that products are introduced in compliance with customer needs and all regulatory, legislative and medical/health requirements. In all actions will demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and excellent product quality.
- Lead the development and execution of clinical, scientific, and medical education strategies for the Company’s ophthalmology products.
- Oversee all clinical research and development programs.
- Become the recognized company expert on Annexon’s ophthalmology program.
- Serve as the primary interface with external physicians, facilitating information requests in an unbiased and regulatory compliant manner.
- Assist in maintaining Medical Advisory Boards.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing in the development of highly effective physician education programs, including the identification of outstanding peer to peer physician champions; existing and new users.
- Provide input, guidance and expertise to the company regarding all medical matters including, but not limited to, product complaints, MDR investigations, clinical study proposals, marketing materials, technical briefs, and new product proposals.
- Provide visible leadership for the company within the relevant clinical and scientific community both locally and world-wide.
- Provides leadership to regulatory affairs and direct all activities related to medical affairs.
Requirements / Competencies
- A Medical Degree and current licensure in a relevant specialty; Ophthalmology preferred.
- Excellent understanding of clinical trial design and execution, GCP's, and FDA clinical trial requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for improving clinical outcomes and the standard of care for patients.
- Willing to travel (up to 30%) to meet customers, investigators, business partners, and key opinion leaders.
Please include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.