Annexon is seeking a drug development clinician with experience in the design, execution, analysis, interpretation and presentation of early phase clinical, translational studies. The right individual will have a significant role in developing life-transforming therapeutics for patients. The Medical Director will report to Annexon’s Chief Medical Officer.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Lead the planning, development, execution and analysis of clinical study programs in the areas of Ophthalmology and CNS diseases
- Regularly interface with internal scientific and corporate stakeholders
- Collaborate with outside vendors, academic institutions and key opinion leaders
- Advanced medical or scientific degree; MD or MD, PhD
- Clinical qualification in either Neurology or Ophthalmology (board eligible, or equivalent)
- Drug development experience in Ophthalmology or CNS disorders preferred
- 5-10 years’ drug development experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong understanding of translational development methodology
- Proven leadership and track record of success in pharmaceutical clinical development
- Must have experience taking a project from concept to execution
- Ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders
- Travel is required for external business and scientific meetings
- Medical monitoring experience a plus
Please include a cover letter that highlights your qualifications and matches our requirements and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.